History & Achievements
- In September of 1984, New Age Builders was Incorporated in New York State by its’ founder and current President Bill Siegel for General Contracting and Real Estate Development. Our first office was located on Sunrise Highway in Lindenhurst across from the Babylon Town Hall. During this period we built many homes in the Towns of Babylon and Islip as well as many Villages within those Towns.
- In 1986 New Age Builders built its’ first commercial project, South Island Plaza, on Sunrise Highway in West Babylon.
- In 1988 New Age Builders re-located to Hampton Bays in Eastern Suffolk County and began building homes in the Town of Southampton, Quogue, East Quogue, Westhampton, Westhampton Beach, Hampton Bays, Shinnecock Hills, North Sea, and many other areas in The Hamptons.
- In 1992 New Age Builders moved to its’ current location in the Hampton Atrium and built Long Island’s first NYSTAR State Certified Energy Efficient Home. The Construction of the home was big news on Long Island, News 12 and TV 55 covered the event and the story made the cover of the Newsday Real Estate Section and it was featured in numerous other publication. During this period New Age Builders was the most active Builder of NYSTAR homes on Long Island and was featured in the New York Times and Empire State Builder.
- In October 1993 the Suffolk County Legislature honored New Age Builders’ President Bill Siegel with a Proclamation recognizing him as a leader in the field of energy efficient home construction.
- In September 1994, New Age Builders built a demonstration house in Southampton under a grant from the New York State Energy and Research Authority. This home was featured on News 12, News 55 and many other publications.
- Bill Siegel appointed to the Board of Directors of the Long Island Builders Institute.
- In April 1996, Hammer Magazine named New Age Builders as Builder of the Month and featured New Age Builders on the cover.
- In 1996, New Age Builders was presented with the Energy Value Housing Award from the National Association of Home Builders for an entire subdivision of energy efficient homes in the Town of Babylon. New Age Builders was the first residential home builder in New York State to win this award.
- In 1997 New Age Builders once again gained national recognition by winning the Innovation in Home Ownership Award from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. U.S. HUD Secretary Henry Cisneros wrote Bill Siegel applauding his efforts to provide home ownership opportunities for more Americans.
- In 1998 Bill Siegel earned the Life Spike Award from the National Association of Home Builders for his dedication to the industry.
- New Age Builders won the prestigious 1999 LIBI Award from the Long Island Builders Institute for the “Best New Home Design” for a home in Southampton on the South Fork.
- Again in 2000, New Age Builders won a LIBI Award for “best Affordable Project” for the first affordable homes ever built in Bridgehampton.
- In 2001, New Age Builders constructed the first ever solar heated pool using the patio as a solar collector. This was featured in Hammer Magazine.
- In 2005, New Age Builders was a LIBI Award Finalist for “Best Website”
- Also in 2005, New Age Builders built the First Energy Star labeled home at a residence in the 5 East End Towns.
- New Age Builders was selected as a General Contractor for the Towns of Southampton and East Hampton building 12 Energy Star Affordable Housing Units for the Town of Southampton and 15 Energy Star workforce homes for the Town of East Hampton Office of Housing and Community Development.
- The League of Women Voters features Bill Siegel in their documentary, “Trouble in Paradise; Affordable Housing Crisis on the South Fork” in 2007.
- In 2007, Bill Siegel obtained approvals for a 50 unit Active Senior Planned Development District in the Town of Southampton.
- In 2008, New Age Builders completed 12 units as General Contractor at Bridgehampton Mews for The Town of Southampton and The Long Island Housing Partnership
- In 2009, New Age Builders completed the last of 15 Energy Star homes for The Town of East Hampton.
- Obtained numerous permits to develop several building lots in The Town of Southampton.
- Completed a luxury home in The Village of North Haven.
- Completed and sold several entry level energy efficient homes in the Town of Southampton.
- Under construction entry level, low maintenance, energy efficient homes.
- Marketing development-ready, and turn key projects throughout the Hamptons.
- Appointed to the Advisory Board of the Ecological Culture Initiative.